Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Late Update on Obama's Speech- Also, Sarah Palin? You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry, readers, for the late update on Barack's acceptance speech. I'm sure all the other blogs have already covered it, but oh well.

So Obama's speech. Absolutely incredible. He managed to get onto the offensive a little, too, which is always good, with lines saying that voting for McCain would be "taking a 10% chance on change" and that McCain "just doesn't get it". His campaign had lowered expectations for a while, saying it wouldn't be as good as '04 etc. but my expectations were certainly exceeded and I imagine that it had a similar effect on other voters.

In other, snarkier news; Sarah Palin? Seriously? Why?

Well, we all know why. I'm pretty sure that goes unsaid. But why her? I get it that she's a woman and all, but she's no Hillary. She's a conservative, anti-choice governor of Alaska. By picking her, McCain just lost his "experience" card. He could have just chosen another Republican woman: Ever heard of Elizabeth Dole? I guess McCain hasn't. It's actually insulting to Hillary supporters, really. I mean, Palin is the epitome of "baking cookies". She's an ex pageant girl; as Miss Alaska, he so-called special talent was whistling. Now that's just ridiculous.

I really can't stop laughing. Sarah Palin. That's pathetic, even for McBush.

No comments: