Thursday, October 9, 2008

And...the Dow drops. Again.



The Dow Jones dropped about 7 percent today. That makes it under 8,600 *pause for wincing*. Shares are, predictably, also down. Not much news, considering the current climate, honestly. Well, I'm sure that the McCains are feeling your pain right now-if things get too bad, they might even be forced to suffer through selling one of their houses!

Seriously though, if I may point out the obvious, no one can really say that we're in a "mental recession" anymore. It's said that a depression occurs once every sixty years or so, making us slightly overdue. I apologize for playing the pessimist, but if the tide doesn't change soon, I just don't know. Are the fundamentals of our economy still strong, Senator McCain?

I thought not.

No comments: